About Road to Growth
- CONNECTION: Developing a vision for your business and identifying steps to achieve it.
- CONTEXT: Knowing your market, understanding business positioning.
- COMMUNICATION: Using digital marketing and e-commerce for business.
- CAPACITY: Analysing financial statements and improving profitability.
- CAPITAL: Developing a financing strategy that supports the growth plan for your business.
- CHARACTER: Managing financial relationships, knowing your rights and responsibilities.
- CONFIDENCE: Building the confidence to apply for financing.
The Road to Growth programme requires a commitment of 8-10 hours per week. This programme is most appropriate for women whose businesses are at the development and growth stage. The programme is not suitable for women running businesses at the start-up stage.
You can apply for Road to Growth if you:
● Own at least 50% of a business in Nigeria
● Have a business which has generated profit for at least 2 years
● Have 2-49 staff members
● Have an annual turnover of N3-20 million
● Have basic computer literacy
● Are able to read and write English
● Have a strong desire and commitment to grow your business
● Have had no previous access to loans and have a need for additional investment
● Business must be registered
Road to Growth’s unique curriculum
BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL SKILLS
Is tailored to meet the business development and financial literacy needs of women owners of small businesses.
Equips women entrepreneurs with knowledge and skills to access capital and provides connections to financial institutions and peer entrepreneurs.
Offers a step-by-step “learning journey” towards increased confidence and capacities to succeed in business.
“I had an amazing learning experience, particularly learning to put together financial statements for my business, making a sales forecast and the cash flow projection.”
“This training has been really valuable to my business.
I have attended a lot of capacity-building training but this was different and genuinely amazing. I have never felt so motivated before. Thank you so much.”
This program has set me on my way to achieving my growth plan. I am more confident and knowledgeable about financial literacy and investment readiness.
“It has empowered me to dare to fly, fly high and achieve my goals. Networking with different women gives the soothing feeling of me not being alone with my challenges. I'm more confident to ignore the screams and pursue
Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women helps release the
potential of women entrepreneurs in low and middle income
countries, and close the global gender gap in entrepreneurship.
Since the Foundation’s inception in 2008, it has directly
supported over 175,000 women across more than 100 countries.
Through its combined approach of programmatic delivery and
advocacy, the Foundation supports women to start and grow
successful micro, small and medium businesses, with training,
technology, mentoring and networking at the heart of its work.
This opens doors to finance, markets, contacts and more, and
supports women to create better futures for themselves and
their families, enable their communities to prosper, contribute
to strong economies, and move the world in a whole new
Bank of America
Since 2012, The Foundation has engaged in a collaborative partnership with Bank of America, dedicated to fostering the economic empowerment of women entrepreneurs
Since 2005, the ExxonMobil Foundation has helped women in developing countries fulfil their economic potential and drive economic and social change in their communities.
We are Nigeria’s foremost business incubator and accelerator program with a goal to enabling aspiring and emerging Nigerian entrepreneurs to start, grow and scale their businesses.
We were founded in 2000 by Fola Adeola to harness the high potential entrepreneurship culture of Nigerians to spur job creation, economic development and social impact. To learn more, visit: www.fatefoundation.org